Pilot Support of IITs
IUSCC is committed to supporting clinical and translational research, particularly investigator-initiated trials (IITs). While we assume that investigators will apply for external support for IITs or use other internal sources of support (start-up funds, philanthropy, pilot funding, etc) first, additional support is sometimes needed to allow high priority IITs to proceed.
Input from the Translational Research Core/Laboratory Correlative Working Group is strongly encouraged. Please submit applications to Mario Contreraz at email@example.com.
Application Requirements (3 page max)
- Study Title
- Key Collaborators
- Scientific Rationale
- Patient population (major criteria only)
- Treatment or intervention
- Statistical plan and sample size justification
- Embedded correlatives/biomarkers
- References (not included in page limit)
Additional material required
- NIH biosketch (PI and key collaborators only)
- Budget and total funding requested
- Other support available for this the proposed trial
- Letter from Division Chief or Department Head confirming that no start-up or discretional funds are available.
- Commitment to external funding – if submitted and not funded, please provide prior reviews. What are your plans for external funding and how will this support increase your chances of success?
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with funding decisions made quarterly (September, December, March, June) by the IUSCC Executive Committee. Please do not submit the full protocol. Applications can be submitted at any time during the protocol development process but early application encouraged to avoid delays. Trials approved by the SRC without funding will be placed on administrative hold until support is obtained. Funding will be limited to support CTO services. Evaluation criteria will include scientific merit, novelty, strength of collaboration, and potential for external funding.
Questions about the application or review process should be directed to Kathy Miller, associate director for clinical research, at firstname.lastname@example.org.