Microplate-based bioassay systems for multiplex analysis
The Multiplex Analysis Core (MAC) offers microplate-based bioassay systems that can perform multiplex analysis of multiple different analytes in a single sample. Multiplex systems are faster, more efficient, and use less sample volume than other technologies such as ELISA and Western Blot.
Our services include:
- Communication between user and vendors regarding kit selection, if needed
- Assistance with experimental design, etc., through discussions with user and vendor, if requested
- Storage of kits purchased by users, if desired
- Receipt and analysis of samples collected by users
- All reagents & buffers required to run the samples (excluding kits)
- Analysis of raw data and optimization of standard curves using vendor software
- Delivery of data to user in an Excel spreadsheet
Off-the-shelf kits are available to detect analytes, such as chemokines, cytokines, hormones, cell signaling molecules, phosphoproteins, or nucleic acids in areas such as inflammation, metabolism, cardiovascular disease, oncology, immunology, etc. Custom kits designed by the investigator are also a possibility.
The MAC uses a Bio-Plex 200 bead-based suspension system (Luminex platform) for analyte quantitation in the picogram level. Immunoassay kits are commercially available for human, mouse, bovine, canine, porcine, rat, and primate samples.