To make a referral to the IU Simon Cancer Center, please call IMACS (Indiana Medical Access and Communication System), a toll-free, 24-hour direct line that gives you, the health care professional and your office staff prompt access to more than 600 IU faculty physicians for clinical consultations, patient referrals, patient information or the latest research protocols. Simply call (317) 916-3500 or 1-800-622-4989.
In addition to connecting you with more than 60 clinical specialties, IMACS can connect you to the Ruth Lilly Medical Library and Research Building, the IUPUI Medical Bookstore, the IU Alumni Association and Continuing Medical Education.
IMACS physician resource specialists are trained professionals who will expertly direct your call, even if you are not certain whom to ask for. IU Health operates IMACS, and its staff follow detailed guidelines, established by our medical staff, to help you select the most appropriate person or area. Be sure to request an IU physician when you call.
IMACS specialists will stay with you on the line until your call is complete to ensure you receive the information you need. They can transfer your call to a different area or help you make multiple contacts with just one call.
How to Use IMACS
- For emergency consultations or referrals, IMACS operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- For routine consultations, please call IMACS from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Use IMACS to
- Consult with faculty physicians and make patient referrals.
- Obtain information about your patients and discuss the latest research and developments.
- Be connected promptly with the physician or area you specify.
- Obtain assistance in selecting the most appropriate physician or service.